E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
O.D.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got all my clears on and they work fine, but the bulb housing doesnt fit on the rear. where the clip is next to the light inside the trunk (on the bulb housing) it wont clip and the bulb housing is realyl loose, one part will clip and the others wont...i need help! I got my clears from bavauto.:sad:

edit ~ im serachin but cant find ****.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Didi you try switching the light bulbs from the aftermarket to the OEM one and see if he OEM will clip onto the housing . . . .

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just installed my clears for my facelift. And I had the same problem. I eventually figured out that you have to break or shave it with a dremel tool.
That's supposing that it will be the same with your model year. That's why I suggest that you look at the one you took out and see what the difference is :thumbup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
It is the same problem I had. If you take a closer look, you will se that your bulb housings latch onto lenses using black little square catches. The holes to accept this latches are either too high down so you can file them on the top ledge or file the gray pins down so your bulb housings will go down more and latch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts