BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Story:
After work one morning some co-workers and Myself head for breakfast, yeah breakfast I work a 9pm-10am shift, to a local establishment for some bloodymarys and omlettes. At the stoplight, I feel something tap the rear of the car. To my bitterness I see that my coworker who was following me to the bar had hit me, with no help from anyone else. So now hes going to pay $$$ for all repairs through the local dealership. But with my modding history of other cars... an idea came to my head... lets get something different, aka aftermarket.

Damages to my car look mainly cosmetic, as with the estimate from the dealership also concluded. So just looking for a bumper cover that will get painted by the dealership.

So I came to the trusty E46fanatics.com site that I lurk often to see what else is out there.. and a few questions.

My few Questions:
1. I really like MITE46's RIEGER rear bumper kit.... but anyone else experience there fitment? (im concerned giving this to a dealership and casuing more labor if it doesnt fit well)
2. Anyone have an reccomendation on any other manufacturer's rear bumper cover? (fitment opinion, pics or links would be helpful)

·
Read Only
1,859 Posts
the best fit will be the mtech rear, but most of the other add-ons will fit well enough, but they'll be lower than your currently stock front and sides.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Mtech rear looks good w/ the rest of the kit stock...kinda like the ZHP only without the rest of the goodies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gucki83 said:
Mtech rear looks good w/ the rest of the kit stock...kinda like the ZHP only without the rest of the goodies.
Reccomended website? telephone number? who to call to buy from?

thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
buy throung the dealer or if your tight with you insurance and body shop get the part number and do it through the body shop. either way, make sure you order the mounting brackets and the lower valence for they are 3 different part #s :dunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts