E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

So this weekend I attempted to replace my rear passenger side wheel bearing that going bad. I have the usual sounds and vibrations coming from the rear of my car when going over 30 mph accompanied by vibrations now. So I've also been reading all the DIY's for this project for about 3 weeks now everyday so I could be familiar with all the steps. I've also ordered all the parts from Pelican Parts and of course all the tools. I was going to buy the BMW B90-BMW special bearing tool but at that cost I didn't. Just going to use a two different pullers and a harmonic balancer to put the bearings back on the hub.

So I got to taking apart everything and got stuck on the e-brake and the drive axle. I could not get the Drive Axle out of the wheel! Not only that but I had to take apart the E-brake and I could not get the E-Brake Expanding Lock back on correctly. So right now I'm with out my E-Brake! Does anyone know how to put this part back? This is the part that connects to the E-brake wire attached to the HUB. I've done all the searching already on both this forum and on the internet with out any luck. I've included some pictures of the part. I HOPE someone has an idea that can help.

Thanks again.
Auto part Automotive window part Line art

Dave

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've replaced mine about 5 months ago. and let me tell you, putting that ebrake together took me longer than putting a new bearing in.
You are going to need a buddy who can help out with this.

it would help alot if you could get a hold of the tool in the picture. it definitely works when you need to get the springs in place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So that tool is needed to put the parking wire into the part labeled (2)? It seems like the parking break wire will need to be put in a special way so that it's hooked into the e-brake expanding lock. I'm just stuck on putting this back together not the actual springs.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I would take it to the dealer and get it done right.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So that tool is needed to put the parking wire into the part labeled (2)? It seems like the parking break wire will need to be put in a special way so that it's hooked into the e-brake expanding lock. I'm just stuck on putting this back together not the actual springs.
I'm having a hard time telling exactly where you are stuck. In general though thread the break adjuster together so it is as short as it goes before assembling. Often I find attaching the springs to the shoes then putting them on their mounts the easiest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.