E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Waiting for my V8 4door M3!
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really clueless about this and I'm in need to buy a new set of tires so, what are the top few choices in tires?

More specifically, I'll be using them most of the year and taking them off in the colder months on the east coast.

thanks guys,
:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
teamdfl said:
Hoosier A3S03, A3S04, R3S03, R3S04
Kumho Ecsta V700, VictoRacer V700

Ed

Agreed! But I think he might have meant street tires :D

Some good max performance street choices are Michelin Sport PS2, Goodyear F1GSD3, Bridgestone S03, Pirelli Pzero Nero, Kumho MX.

Coffee, You can check out reviews and testing here :

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/tires/index.jsp

·
Waiting for my V8 4door M3!
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
coffee said:
Thanks Gary :thumbup:

hey, would you mind posting the thread life on those tires?
Roughly, most see about 20,000 on average out of a performance tire, but this will vary wildly on driving style and conditions. For something longer wearing, you'll need to give up some grip, check out something in the all season UHP tires like Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Dunlop SP 9000 is also another really good choice for a 19in rim. Mine lasted about 40,000 miles of highly spirited driving until a nail brought a tragic end to one of them. So a budy of mine gave me an extra set of Pzero Neros for the back. I am still using my original SP9000's up front. The Dunlop also do very well in the rain. I remember driving up to SF in pouring rain with a layer of water over the freeway... the whole way through the mountains. After every mountaun pass I saw cars spinning or having spun. The Dunlops just pushed the water aside and kept the car going where I wanted at about 55 to 65 mph (looked like most of the other cars around me could only manage 45mph).

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
bbh03 said:
:bump: this thread!

Gary, Ed, what about Falken Azenis?

great cheap tires. very grippy in the dry. however they only offer about 6 or 7 sizes in the US. they are also not so good in heavy rain/standing water and they are super heavy.

I would add Toyo T1-S to the list and bump off the Neros.

·
1,043 Posts
notE46 said:
great cheap tires. very grippy in the dry. however they only offer about 6 or 7 sizes in the US. they are also not so good in heavy rain/standing water and they are super heavy.

I would add Toyo T1-S to the list and bump off the Neros.
Where to buy the toyo's?:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yep the Toyo's and the Kumho MX's are light tires, Kumho's grip really well in the dry, the Toyo's have the upper hand in the wet. Both should be about the same price lower end of UHP tire prices.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.