BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
needs a new sig...
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met some friends today and we decided to head voer to rogue Engineering in NJ to check out the M3 Touring Edition..do a search for it if you dont know what i am tlkaing about..Ben gave us a ride in it and holy shit it hauls ass..it is for sure the ultimate sleeper.. Strazz will post pics later i am sure.. We checked out RichP's ride which is ill as well and they , menaing the guys i went with, convinced me to get the rogue pullies installed..i was a bit hesitant at first but they were sitting right there and i couldnt resist the temptation with the pullie in my hand.. ben installed them pretty quickly and i took the ca our for a spin..at low rpms in 1-2-3 the difference istn noticible, but at the top end the power seems to stay for a bit longer then it did before.. for sure a worthwile mod..mixed with software and a new diff..i am sure it will be a blast to drive really soon!

·
Mod Squad
12,558 Posts
Sounds like a cool ass day. :) I bet that Touring was something else. :drool:

Edit: Is he planning on doing any M3 look a like body work on that thing too?

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
Yea Good stuff Garrett Im glad you like the pullies and I didnt want to make you get them and hear you didnt like them. I will have pics up soon to our day...It was a great day meeting some new people...stay posted for pics...

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
russ330 said:
Sounds like a cool ass day. :) I bet that Touring was something else. :drool:

Ben has a full Mtech Body Kit on now...stay tuned for pics...

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
yyou are on the right track but don't forget

you should have with the pullies a light weight flywheel to.
with the other perf. mod's you mention. the flywheel will put
more h/p to the back wheels from what you would loose with a regular flywheel....
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
needs a new sig...
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
russ330 said:
Nope.. The car has M68's Mtech front and sides, maybe rear i dont remember m3 mirrors. All sysyems work in the car..EVERYTHING!..no lights all oem function..the mileage is right..even the DME has the tourings VIN correct..he is wating to find an m3 rear subframe, suspension, diff etc so that he can run m3 gearing..now it has a 3.46 which is still powerful as hell..it truly was a blst to be in!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Sweet. I was there the day that Ben got the engine and tranny in. I remember him saying that he was gonna go w/ M-Tech components and M3 mirrors. I want to see the pics though!!

·
Big in Japan
1,359 Posts
it was nice to meet you guys today, good to put faces/names to the forum handles/cars...

my "project" is coming along here, ill be down there next week to show it off probably!

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
Garrett I have nicer snow shoes than you....Did you know those blue centercaps were plastic that peeled off...Im an idiot but they are still better than your "Euro" snow tires hahaha

·
needs a new sig...
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Straz 330Ci said:
Garrett I have nicer snow shoes than you....Did you know those blue centercaps were plastic that peeled off...Im an idiot but they are still better than your "Euro" snow tires hahaha

i thought you knew that and were leaving them on for effect..we were joking about it at the pizzera remember..LOL

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
wish i coulda made it guys! probly woudl also have driven home with new pullies installed had i rolled to the lil meet :D

next time. nice pics Matt

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
damnit I didnt hear that at all...its alright because now they are off and my ride is 100% Rice Free... How are the pullies

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'll probably come up in the spring to get a SSK installed just to check out the place. There are no BMW shops nowhere in these parts.

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
Give me a call man or shoot me a pm/email...I'll meet up with ya and show u the place...Im 5 mins from the shop...love meetin new fanatics....so a recap of today:
2 Pully Installs
1 FPR DIY (Rich P and his crazy ass 330) cant wait till I get a 3.38
1 Purchase of exhaust (Me) Install Tomorrow morning and will post a write up...stay tuned...

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,844 Posts

·
Like school on a Sunday...
794 Posts
How does the instrument cluster of the M3 work in the Touring? I remember a thread stating that it would work in coupes, but 4 doors would have a problem since the M3 cluster only has a display of 2 doors.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts