BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my 328Ci rear badge and am now thinking about putting it back on.

can I reuse the badge that I took off? the problem is that all the adhesive is garbage now.

or should I just buy a new badge from the dealership. my local dealership quoted me $25 for a new badge.

thx & happy holidays!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
scrape off the old adhesive and use some 3M adhesive remover. then just put some 3m double sided (automotive) tape on and you will be set

4,238 Posts
New badges are cheap enough... not worth your time cutting new adhesive.

Also, you'd be surprised how the chrome slowly deteriorates... a new badge will look nice and shiny.

While you are at the dealer, ask them for the precise specs on badge placement (X distance from trunk line, Y distance from top). Nothing says "bad body shop job" more than a badge mis-positioned by even just a little.

- Rob

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While you are at the dealer, ask them for the precise specs on badge placement (X distance from trunk line, Y distance from top). Nothing says "bad body shop job" more than a badge mis-positioned by even just a little.[/B]
Thanks for the tip on the placement! I'll pickup a new badge at the dealership

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
MillsBims said:
would the new badge be set already or would you still have to it number by number? i'd be worried that it wouldn't be straight. good luck either way.
already set

1 - 9 of 9 Posts