BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out :

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36536

The filter info:

"After careful research and development, the RD Sport Sport Sound Intake Silencer is now available. The CAD designed CF housing provides a Ram-Air effect for the specially designed filter while keeping out the engine's heat.

The filter is made from Polyester material that in testing has 93.1% filtration rate vs. 40-70% filtration rate of cotton gauze. (The tests based on 100 micron particles). The polyester material flows more air than the cotton gauze - 6.3CFM per square inch of material vs. 6.04 CFM for cotton gauze. Another advantage of the polyester is that it never needs oiling. So now there is no chance of damaging expensive MAF sensors by using too much oil."

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's $395 compared to GruppeM $600 and claims to have a better filtration rate. RD Sport is a trusted name so I think we have a major competitor for GruppeM.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hehe, it looks like a nice alternative for those looking for performance and aesthetics. Now, we just need reviews on the sound...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hopefully I'll be able to give you guys a review pretty soon here...I'll keep you posted.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Seriously though guys, $395 doesn't buy much these days.

For $395-600 for RD-sport and gruppeM I'd expect the intake to look like the M3 GruppeM.

For $600 I can buy a new computer, a digital camera, a dv video camera, a top end DVD player, a TV or whatnot. The mod prices are way to expensive man. At least for $395-600 you'd expect more carbon fiber or something or a complete intake.

For the prices these intakes are going for I'd expect CF al the way to the throttle.

ryan330ci said:
Hopefully I'll be able to give you guys a review pretty soon here...I'll keep you posted.

Ryan

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks frickin' sweet, and for 2/3 the price.

I was planning on getting a Gruppe M some time in the near future, but now I dunno.

I want to see reviews!

·
Big in Japan
1,358 Posts
if it looks like a duck...walks like a duck... quacks like a duck...

...its probably a gruppeM knockoff.

The poly filter is interesting, but I would like to know more specifics about it, especially how it will react to heat/cool cycles and material degradion over the course of time.

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,173 Posts
hmmm... maybe I should sell my benfer intake....

Q

·
You ain't fresh AZIMIZ!!!!!
2,294 Posts
Beeoootch looks like a diaphram.....not that Ive ever seen one:eek:

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,649 Posts
gruppe M...who the hell are they? K&N made a similar intake cone for the european market I recall seeing long ago that it looks like gruppe M copied.

$600 for an intake? please. All the prices for our mods are too expensive anyways.

hmmm, maybe I can make my own, take a lampshade, apply some hi-temp resin, fit a filter in, raid the home depot...voila! ;)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts