BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Check engine light" signal turns on and off. The dealer says that the RD CAI is allowing too much air into the engine. Then I installed the Dinan stage 2 software but the signal turned on again. If is true what the dealer said, is it critical for my car? What do you think is the problem?

·
E46Fanatic
3,120 Posts
doesn't matter if it's critical or not. who wants to drive a BMW w/ a check engine light on? if it was the intake, i would assume the stage 2 would've taken care of it. take it to your dealer. that's your best bet.

·
Registered
452 Posts
JKWOKL said:
The "Check engine light" signal turns on and off. The dealer says that the RD CAI is allowing too much air into the engine. Then I installed the Dinan stage 2 software but the signal turned on again. If is true what the dealer said, is it critical for my car? What do you think is the problem?
I have a hard time believing that the problem is "too much air" from your cold air intake. Its not ram air, its an air filter, you can't get more natural aspiration than what your MAF can handle (if it is functioning right and/or the car's programing is adjusting properly). And since you installed new software..............it definately is not because of more air due to your flter. It is possible that something else is not functioning properly and not adjusting to the increase in air flow. Put your old filter back on and see if it goes away.

·
• DFW •
2,471 Posts
Im having a similar problem but only cause I removed the MAF screens. Im gonna have to put them back in to see if the SES light goes away. What kind of CAI do you have?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vids_blk323Ci:
I have the racing Dynamics CAI. I am going to install the original one again. If the problem persists, then I guess it has nothing to do with the RD CAI. I went to the dealer twice for the same problem but they did not find anything else wrong. The second time, they blame it on the RD CAI. And what brand do you have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts