BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already did a search on this and have found many people have had the same problem however i havent really come to the conclusion of what the fix is...I already brought my car to the dealer....They replaced the speaker in the passenger door, and put foam all around the speaker to dampen the bass, and there was still a rattle... When i put pressure on the door panel the rattling goes away...I was out there tonight trying to stick foam, and this pastic wire cord i had in between the door panel and the actual door itself....STILL RATTLES!!! Im thinking about taking the door panel off and doing one of two things...or actually both...
1. Maybe dynamat the inside panels
2. Maybe order Bass Blockers from Crutchfield for like $10....I guess they say it eliminates the bass from the speaker by connecting it to the wires.....No bass= NO RATTLES!!!
What do you guys think, please please help me out here...I cant stand rattles...What have you guys done to eliminate the rattle? I know the dealer is just gonna give me the run around...Thanx for your advice guys.....
Mike

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i have the same issue as well.. but keep in mind that they may be comming from the rear subs... since Subs are not directional, it can SEEM like it's comming from there.. i've had this issue for a while, but only when the BASS is turned all the way up.. so i just resort to not having my BASS on max when i listen to music and it's fine

·
Registered
405 Posts
just get your dealer to shove foam in where the speakers are and replace the door panel clips w/ new ones.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the same problem and it annoys the crap out of me :banghead: But I am guessing it isn't the speakers and maybe its the plastic clips that hold the door panel to the door. :dunno:

·
Registered
405 Posts
ragiriad said:
I have the same problem and it annoys the crap out of me :banghead: But I am guessing it isn't the speakers and maybe its the plastic clips that hold the door panel to the door. :dunno:
if it's the door panel and the clips aren't and can't seem to hold it together tight enough, get the dealer to cover the edge of the door panel w/ felt/velour tape. worked for me. i had my door worked on almost 10 times and they finally did it right.

·
does anyone read my p0sts?
599 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that it occurs because the vinyl of the door pannel is rubbing against the metal of the door in the lower corner of the door by the speaker. spray some silicon lube in the gap between the door and door trim and see if that helps

·
Registered
405 Posts
djabaley said:
I'd be willing to bet that it occurs because the vinyl of the door pannel is rubbing against the metal of the door in the lower corner of the door by the speaker. spray some silicon lube in the gap between the door and door trim and see if that helps
close. it makes this ticking sound that's similar to pulling tape off plastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts