BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it JUST started today...and I can't figure out where hell its coming from which is rather annoying to say the least...I know I have one rattle on the driver-side door and this sounds similar but I can't pinpoint the location. Sometimes it sounds like its coming from the glove-box, sometimes the radio, sometimes the vent above the radio, and then even stranger, sometimes it sounds like its coming from the trunk! Anybody experience this? I took basically everything out of the car and it still rattles...it gets worse when you are high in revs (like 4k rpm in 3rd gear)...and is much worse on bumpy roads...

ugh :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust that is loud. My front passenger and rear passenger seat belts rattle. Sometimes on bumpy roads it sounds like my windsheild is going to pop right out. Alot more things rattle but the best thing to do is get a louder exhaust so you cant hear anything, thats why im getting a full ss race setup :D

·
BEER+WINGS = :)
1,460 Posts
rattles

i've actually began to start hearing this rattling noise coming from either of the following places: 1. passenger door (i can almost swear its coming from having something in the side compartment, but when i check, theres nothing there 2. glove compartment. When i hear these things i just push against the surface that seems to be rattling and it goes away. BMW just looked at my car before the noise started to hmmmmmm:hmm:

Harley

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust that is loud. My front passenger and rear passenger seat belts rattle. Sometimes on bumpy roads it sounds like my windsheild is going to pop right out. Alot more things rattle but the best thing to do is get a louder exhaust so you cant hear anything, thats why im getting a full ss race setup :D
stock exhaust :(

I really need a loud exhaust to drown out these rattles...

I'm gonna try to let someone drive my car and see if I can hear anything from the passenger seat...hopefully that will narrow it down

1 - 4 of 4 Posts