E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start off by saying I've looked and couldn't find anything specific enough to my situation, I have a 2003 330Ci vert and would like to replace the stock radio/CD player with a Raspberry Pi controlled touch screen. I ran an aux cable a couple months back but after realizing I haven't touched my pi since I got it I figured I might as well. So to be clear I have the Business CD player, no LCD screen and my car is pre-wired for the car phone package and another package if memory serves. I would like to add and fit a touch screen where the CD player resides and I would also like to add a Sub between the rear seats in the future.

1) What are your opinions?

2) Best way to do this? (I'd prefer to ditch the CD player all together if I do this, not stow it in the car else where as some guides suggest)

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have access to four 3D printers and have plenty of experience soldering/wiring.

·
Registered
16,119 Posts
I was planning an android based computer for a while earlier this year and then I found this (probably exactly the same thing as the eonon):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231692498659?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I watched tons of YouTube videos on it and it's pretty legit. They're down to $370 now and you just can't beat that price. Unless you really want to make a project out of it for the sake of a project, I'd recommend something like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts