E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

O.K. just so you know, i have money. So thats not the reason.

I looked at my gas gauge, and it showed me that i had half a tank. I knew this is wrong, but kept thinking that i still got some. And i am lazy to go to the pump, cause i hate those attendats, they will overfill your car just to circle the amount they have to charge you. So last night i was looking for gas station without FULL SERVICE. And didnt have one around the way i was going.

So this morning i sit in the car start driving to work, and just as i am begin to climb on the QUEENSBOROUGH bridge at 8am the car starts to kick.

I step on the gas and still nothing. Around me LOTS OF CARS (thats why they call it RUSH HOUR). I am creating a scene from one of those movies when a car owner talks to his car, CMON BABY DONT DO THIS TO ME, JUST MAKE IT OVER THE BRIDGE !!!

But my ass, i stop on the NON HOV LANE MANHATTAN BOUND. Just as you are making a turn and ready to blow over the bridge. Meanwhile there is a chaos around me, thanks god i purchased road side assistance from Geico (my car warranty is out 2000 323 with 67,000 miles). I call them up and they call up some other towing company that is authorized to pick up cars in restricted area (Terrorist alert). Meanwhile i am just expecting cops all over me. My neck is killing me from looking back to see if tow truck is coming. Sudenly i hear HELICOPTER above me eheheheh. I pulled my windows up and my moonroof closed. I turn 1010wins and guess what I AM ON THE RADIO heheheeh. I called my wife home she put fox5 and im on the TV. Called my friend at work, told him to go to nypost.com and check out the queensborough trafic camera. And he sees me as well. Just in time, the truck pulls up lifts my car GENTLY and we go over the bridge. He keeps telling me that it happens to everybody, even him and he is a tow truck.

I filled up my tank which was bone dry with 17 gallons of gas, which costed me in Manhattan $34.50

And paid the guy $54 for the towing over the bridge. Geico told me to send them the bill and they will reimburse me.

These were the worst $45 minutes in the past 30 days for me.
But then later i made a couple of grand easy so its all cool now.

BTW while i was stranded, i saw 2 women in silver BMWs drive by me, one was young in a coupe, the other one is old in sedan. F both of you. IF it was me I WOULD STOP for a fellow BMW owner.

But what cracks me up that the car didnt ran out of gas just 1 minute earlier, before i made that turn for the bridge. But thats hos S hiat goes down sometimes.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I hope i made someone laugh at my dumb ass.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Alright...

Funny stuff man, glad to hear everything is ok now.
How did you make a couple of grand later - I want in on that plan...

Sergiu

·
Registered
345 Posts
QB's Pharmacist:D

·
Crazy Boy
1,098 Posts
girls dont really stop for people stranded. its really not a good idea. i dont care how innocent and cute you look.

·
BMW for life
588 Posts
I jerked the fooker into a gas station last week. It said I had 33 kms left in the tank. LIAR:D

Sorry to hear about your experience. All BMW drivers should take an oath to help one another. I would have stopped for you, Bud!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just to let you know, your're not alone...not that this happened to me. Here on the Bay Bridge to SF, cars run out of gas all the time right in the middle of the bridge. In fact, i read that lack of gas is actually one of the leading causes of traffic on the Bay Bridge. While in your case the computer mislead you with the gauge, people here just forget...i guess cuz it's too early in the morning to think.

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
scary- i drive my car down to very little gas, and have never ran out (knock on wood) my gas gague has been really accurate i guess :dunno:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Too funny.

Once I was driving my mom's 530i and drained it where the OBC read 0 miles left. I was sweating bullets cause it was traffic hour as well. Luck that I was on the offramp of the freeway that was slopping downward. I cruzed into the gas station nicely.

As for my car, lowest I got it was 6 miles left on the OBC.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
BMWMANIAC: I guess you didn't get roadside assistance from BMW when you bought the car? My dealer said that R.A. will bring gas to you if you run out like that, even if it was your fault (and in your case it wasn't if the needle isn't accurate). That little R.A. card woulda come in handy. I'm wondering how much that option is in the USA.

Bart

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Rock said:
BMWMANIAC: I guess you didn't get roadside assistance from BMW when you bought the car? My dealer said that R.A. will bring gas to you if you run out like that, even if it was your fault (and in your case it wasn't if the needle isn't accurate). That little R.A. card woulda come in handy. I'm wondering how much that option is in the USA.

Bart
BMWMANIAC's car is a 2000. I think R.A. only last for the first 36k miles. I would guess that BMWMANIAC is over that by now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
hahaha...Funny to hear that it also happened to someone on this forum too. i thought i was the only person that got stranded on a bridge recently. I was heading over to 580 on Bay bridge and the damn car ran out of gas. Scared me shi tless cuz there were hella ppl passing me since i was crusin at 35mph. But hey BMWMANIAC you should go get your fuel pump checked cuz i had to replace mine this weekend. It is probably your fuel sender that was giving you the wrong reading. GOod LUck...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts