BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that my carpet in the rear seating area was drenched in water . I was wondering if this happened to anyone else? It was raining pretty hard last night and I might have driven through some puddles. Is it possible for water to seep in from puddles?

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
I suppose it's possible but very unlikely unless you've got a serious problem with your seals. When a car goes through a flooded area, water seeps in, but it does take a little while. Driving through a puddle (even a large one) shouldn't be long enough for the water to seep in. Most likely you accidentally hit the window down button for a rear window and it opened a crack letting water in w/out you realizing it.

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
111 Posts
I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. I’m sorry to read about you are having this problem. If you want our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117, and mention Reference #1-121347188 so that we can discuss your concerns. If you prefer, you can email us through the Owners’ Circle at www.bmwusa.com.

BMW NA Customer Relations

·
Registered
632 Posts
I mentioned this issue about 6 months ago on my ride.
It happens only during extreme rain events such as the one we had here on Tuesday.
I have a leak around the rear brake light in the window....water was dripping through that area. I have also had wet carpet in the rear floor board.

BMWNA Customer rep- Is this covered under my CPO warranty ? I bought the car in April, 2000 and have 90,000 miles.

Thank you for your help

Jon:thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Leak in Cabin, If you have 3 series with roof top phone mast.
The gromet which seals mast and roof connection drys out and splits, allowing water to enter cabin. this gromet comes as a complete phone mast assembly, but you only need the gromet, $110 U.S. at my dealer. Mast will unscrew from outside to replace. THIS WILL NOT REQUIRE REMOVAL OF HEADLINER TO REPLACE ONLY OUTSIDE PART. make sure you inform yoer dealer of this, it takes less than five minutes. Good Luck

·
Registered
409 Posts
:werd: i had to replace that seal thing too.. its amazing how much a small piece of plastic with a seal costs :thumbdwn:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts