BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup ...

My CD player was replaced today because the older one was not fuly ejecting, I was setting the memories on the new radio and I have a button call TP now, before that was PTY.
If I press it it says seaching for TP and it starts to beep ...
The RDS is still there ...

Did I get a newer model of a business cd ? or Older ??:dunno:

Any1 knows?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had to do the same thing in my 2001 330ci for the same thing.

I had a "CD" button and now the same button has "Mode". Functions the same, but is this the same radio model? or newer or older version?

·
Never Follow.
522 Posts
Dan, you should feel lucky.. I believe you have a radio that will support Siruis/XM radio with the right equipment, all through the factory controls... lucky bastard :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wooo I sure hope I can get the Xirus on this any one knows ??
Model is BP0273 according to the sticker they gave me :dunno:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I beleive you have the older model. My 00 328i has the TP button and my 03 325xi has the PTY button.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
65 Posts
did the warantee cover the replacement of the radio, I'm haveing the same problem with mine. Some times it only ejects an inch or so.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I had my radio replaced because the CD was skipping. The old one had a "PTY" button. The one they put in has a TP button and it also has speed sensitive volume controls in the menu which weren't there before.

I pushed "TP" and it beeps and says "SEARCHING TP". Then it tunes to a radio station and says something like "103.9 TP" (not sure if that's the right station). If I push it again it stays on the station it changed to and says "103.9 T".

I know the PTY button was to view the genre of music through RDS. Don't know what TP is.

It's wierd. Don't know what it's for. Anyone?

·
Obey my dog
2,616 Posts
my CD player does that too... hmm, and i have an appointment in a week. i'm going to bring this up. that would be sweet to get the new one and get siruis since my radio reception SUCKS :D

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Could someone whos stock radio said TP please look in their radio manual for us and read what it says? Mine only has instructions for PTY. :) Thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update! Update !

Well my car has been two days already at the dealer because of this radio they changed ... As it was a older Model I lost controls from the steering wheel, i.e. it was not changing from memory 1 to 2 from the controls, Well I took the car back and that is a option for 01 up, now they don't have radio for 01 only 02 and BMW has to approve it :argue: , So it looks like I will get a 02 or 03 Model on .. that means that I will be able to put the XM .. :craig:

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,716 Posts
not to jack this thread but have those of who that swapped out your older units for a newer one notice a decrease in bass level? My CD wasn't fully ejecting either so I took it in. Now this unit was incredibly loud, so loud that I had to turn the bass down to 3/4s of the way to prevent the speakers from straining. Ever since they put the new unit in, I have to put the bass all the way up just to hear a little thump. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NappyD1136 said:
Could someone whos stock radio said TP please look in their radio manual for us and read what it says? Mine only has instructions for PTY. :) Thanks.
TP - Traffic something, is how in europe they find out of accidents on the road, I think that is what I read on another forum :spit:

·
Registered
394 Posts
10chi said:
not to jack this thread but have those of who that swapped out your older units for a newer one notice a decrease in bass level? My CD wasn't fully ejecting either so I took it in. Now this unit was incredibly loud, so loud that I had to turn the bass down to 3/4s of the way to prevent the speakers from straining. Ever since they put the new unit in, I have to put the bass all the way up just to hear a little thump. Anyone else notice this?

It could be that you are getting old and cant hear as well.
;) J/K

Did not notice that. But I do have custom speakers and subs. :thumbup:

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,716 Posts
dan330 said:
It could be that you are getting old and cant hear as well.
;) J/K

Did not notice that. But I do have custom speakers and subs. :thumbup:
ouch :bawling:

·
Registered
125 Posts
jluzbet said:
Well my car has been two days already at the dealer because of this radio they changed ... As it was a older Model I lost controls from the steering wheel, i.e. it was not changing from memory 1 to 2 from the controls, Well I took the car back and that is a option for 01 up, now they don't have radio for 01 only 02 and BMW has to approve it :argue: , So it looks like I will get a 02 or 03 Model on .. that means that I will be able to put the XM .. :craig:
Sorry to rain on your parade there fellow Fanatic. I have an '02 delivered in Sept. of said year. I don't have the option for XM. Wish I did though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts