BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed that my radio display would dim randomly then come back to normal and then dim again. This was during the day without any lights on.

Anyone else experience this? :dunno:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your e46 has a light sensor, it's located next to the headlight switch. When it's bright out, it will adjust the lcds display brighter to compensate for the bright lights. And dims when it's not bright. You can test this by shining a flash light on the sensor.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luckster said:
Your e46 has a light sensor, it's located next to the headlight switch. When it's bright out, it will adjust the lcds display brighter to compensate for the bright lights. And dims when it's not bright. You can test this by shining a flash light on the sensor.
Thanks for your help.

I thought of that, but the range of light at 9:00 in the morning is not that great and the radio display would become very dim. Not sure if this is related, but the OBC display (the one that lists the temp, mileage, etc.) was not affected and glowed at a constant level.

Could it be a short somewhere? hmmmm:dunno:

·
Registered
199 Posts
yup

thats because you dont have a Farad cap hooked to your amp and your amp is draining the crap out of your battery
get a cap ... cheap man on ebay a fosgate cap is like 75 bucks and worth it !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts