E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
7,468 Posts
Most of us on here would recommend buying a Nissens radiator from fcpeuro.com.
I think you have a 2000 323Ci with auto trans?
Agreed.

The only radiators we install here are Nissens or a genuine one made in the EU.
99% of Behr parts on the internet are produced in China. Verboten here!

·
Super Moderator
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,950 Posts
Agreed.

The only radiators we install here are Nissens or a genuine one made in the EU.
99% of Behr parts on the internet are produced in China. Verboten here!
My Behr radiator from FCP has been solid as a rock for the past 5 years and 50K miles, but I think I bought it before they transitioned to Chinese production...?

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
My Behr radiator from FCP has been solid as a rock for the past 5 years and 50K miles, but I think I bought it before they transitioned to Chinese production...?
Methinks not. Can a Chinese sourced Behr product be good? Of course it can.
Given the higher rate of failure (likely QC all through assembly and onto the final QC check being price point driven) of such, we avoid them like the plague.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
The main reason to choose a EU sourced radiator is to do the "best one can" do "do the job once".
I've seen your posts, you're a capable guy. However many here struggle with repairs, let alone the dumb way one has to fill/bleed a cooling system. Many of them doing XX repair for the very first time.
For those folks, my dispensed advice is to start them off on the right foot with the BEST part possible. We want those with less than professional skills and/or ambiguous skill level to be able to do the repairs, albeit only ONCE.
Kapish?

The above is not in ANY way meant to be disparaging in ANY form or inference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts