E46 Fanatics Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Glad to see that the issue has been solved with a new efan.
Those temps are relatively similar to mine here in UK.
Car goes up to 98 then drops back to 94-95.
Saw it getting to 99 only once and never again.
It's hot where I live. Temperature here get 38c-43c. Today is a cool day 28c. I'm glad too. Maybe I did something wrong when I first replaced efan. Don't remember it was last year.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
This should bring some clarity to the fan/over heating.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
This should bring some clarity to the fan/over heating.

What's the point for this? Everyone has specific overheating issues. Let's keep this to the specific issue I had. Everyone keeps posting like I didn't do the necessary steps. I did. I had already replaced the efan. That's is what had me confused. I had done everything yet I could not solve the issue. I decided to try the efan again. This time it did work. Maybe the one I got was faulty I don't know. Again let's keep it so my specific issue. I also decided to try the efan again thanks to someone else thread that was having the same issue I did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I'll try replacing the efan again.
Came across this. Same symptom my car is experiencing. I have done everything.

Yeah. It's definitely a soft fail.

I was finally able to tested fan speeds via INPA.
When it was cold and all ranges worked.
Once the car got warm, the fan wouldn't respond to INPA. Car would then begin to overheat.

I just bought a Behr. Hopefully, it'll last me more than 2-3 years as other members point out.

I'm guessing the soft fail fan caused a 3 yr old Behr radiator to bow out too. Sigh.
I would like to thank this thread here. Reason why I decided to try the efan again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ok...I'll make sure to not post any more info that i think would be helpful to your future problems. Thanks for the update.
Sorry. It's most where telling me to do what I already did. The electric guide is very helpful. It's just I wasn't able to solve my particular issue or give it another shot with efan until I found the thread I posted. It's extremely frustrating when all possibilities are exhausted.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sorry. It's most where telling me to do what I already did. The electric guide is very helpful. It's just I wasn't able to solve my particular issue or give it another shot with efan until I found the thread I posted. It's extremely frustrating when all possibilities are exhausted.
Can't argue with that...

41 - 47 of 47 Posts