BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took some photos of my new passport Srx , just got it in the mail today ! , um... here are the pictures , i hope to have it installed this week i will show you pics when its done , along with the Smg retro fit too , it should be neat!

-mike

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ya

ya

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Where did you order this? I have been looking at the SR1 for a while, then this SRX came out. I'm looking to get something stealthy. Not crazy about the V1.

I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR POSTS ON YOUR IMPRESSIONS OF THIS SYSTEM.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott,
e-mail this guy tell him i sent you

[email protected], he is located in Georgia , i got the system for 800 shipped to me , i thought it was a good deal. I sold my 8500 for this system because it has laser blocking and you can hide it much better

-mike

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
bigxl31 said:
Scott,
e-mail this guy tell him i sent you

[email protected], he is located in Georgia , i got the system for 800 shipped to me , i thought it was a good deal. I sold my 8500 for this system because it has laser blocking and you can hide it much better

-mike

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try a place I bought my 8500 from to see if they have the SRX first. When I bought my 8500 they were selling the SR1 for like $450, before the SRX came out. If they have the SRX for less I'll get it, otherwise I just might try that other guy. I wasnt too crazy about the 8500, it went off to many times from other peoples crappy detectors. That annoyed me. I ended up selling it on eBay. Laser is used a lot around here, that's why I'm interested in the SRX.

If V1 came out with a stealth/remote system like the SRX they would make a killing! I do not want to have something visible, it will encourage cops to give me a ticket if I do get pulled over or it will encourage a breakin. i dont want to mess with pulling it off the windshield when I park either.

Thanks
Later

·
Registered
42 Posts
SR1

With the caveat that this is based entirely on my unscientific observations, I had a V-1 first and had two problems with it: 1) a large number of false alarms(very irritating) and 2) it was very obvious (I did not have it hardwired in).

I love my SR1! It is discreet and has an acceptable number of false alarms for my taste.

It's a personal choice - there is no right and wrong unless you have a very high degree of brand loyalty; and when I'm paying for something I don't owe the brand nothing.

Enjoy your SRX. :thumbup:

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
I like the Bimmer dash on the box:thumbup: The V1 has some stealth options but they are custom whereas the SR1 and SRX are designed more for stealth applications from the get go. I think the SR! and SRX are good at what they do, butthe V1 seems like the better value.

Anyways I cant wait to see the Pics of that once it is installed :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts