E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Say hello to my lito fren
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last nite I was going home from a game, and see this dark green Audi TT, the one with the dual exaust (which I found out is the 225hp version).....I passed him casually, since I wasn;'t planning on racing him, but he pulls beside me and looks like he wants to play....

we come to the light, and then, we take off!!:thumbup: By second gear I already had about a car length, but after that, he kept up pretty much the same distance until we hit about 90+, and we both slowed down since it is infested with cops in plantation.

Anyway, i went to the website, and Audi claims that this TT can do 0-60 in 6.7 sec, which is pathetic....I have done it in 5.9. so, how the hell did he keep up?

can they chip those things?:dunno:

·
Flex UK Style
2,507 Posts
Dual exhaust actually means it's a quattro (4 wheel drive), in the UK, you can get 180 or 225 bhp variants, but they look identical. Single exhaust = 2wd. Even with the 225bhp, the audi engines are tunable, maybe he had uprated blowers or something

·
next mod: recaro child seat
1,876 Posts
it's very easy to dial up the boost on the 1.8T engine, in every model that it comes in (golf, beetle, jetta, passat, A4, TT). i also think audi rates 0-60 for the 225 quicker than 6.7, more like low 6's...which would bring it down to driver ability. you took him..that car is no slouch; nice job:thumbup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
audis are tunable .. but we have bMWS!!!
i want to do some Twisties with each car to figure out whats better , any stupid ass can drive striaght ... for example CoRVETT owners ... at the last meet a vett tried to take a courner and he cut off some guys in M3s and hit the divider!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I raced one as well but did not turn out the same. Light go's green and he jumps a car on me cause of all wheel drive. (he must of dropped the clutch at a high rpm) Then from there on we stayed the same. If they didn't have all wheel drive our cars would be fine against them.

·
Read Only
12,638 Posts
remember the famous words

if you win by a inch or a mile it is still i win. but congtr. you took him in any case. and remember you can always put a s/c on your baby for over kill hehehe i can't do that i have a m3
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
calvin said:
225= dual exhaust
180= single exhaust

quattro has nothing to do with with the number of exhaust pipes...

i also picked up a used 225 quattro before picking up my e46
that's what I thought!!:thumbup: Thanks for confirming!

·
Flex UK Style
2,507 Posts
calvin said:
225= dual exhaust
180= single exhaust

quattro has nothing to do with with the number of exhaust pipes...

i also picked up a used 225 quattro before picking up my e46
Unless this is something stateside, I disagree. In Germany, they sold two and four wheel drive derivatives, the UK only saw the 4wd version. Single exhaust meant easy recognition of grey imports. In the UK at least you can buy 180 or 225bhp versions and both come with dual exhausts. Don't believe me? Go to www.audi.co.uk and configure a car online

·
P.I.M.P.
2,358 Posts
The tt's are kinda on the heavy side(4wd) and the small engine suffers from huge turbo lag.....btw did you know that a TT is NOT twin turbo....its just an upgraded single turbo. I heard for those cars cannot break into the high 5 second(0-60) range without upgrading the stock turbo....basic upgrades like ecu intake ehxaust and they still stuck at around 6seconds. I speak from expirience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well... here I jump in and add my two cents... I previously had a TT-225. In Canada it's:

- twin pipe = 225 hp
- single pipe = 180

(like calvin said)

They're fast... but I prefer the handling of my 330!

... and yes... maybe in Germany it's different... like the highways, the beer and the girls.

Cheers!

·
P.I.M.P.
2,358 Posts
Blindapex said:

They're fast... but I prefer the handling of my 330!
Cheers!
hmmm....i wouldn't call them fast by a long shot....we (me and my friend) had to do a crapload of upgrades together to get it "quick". We had all the basic upgrades including a boost controller and we were still stuck at low 6. The turbo lag is the worst part of the TT.

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GhozeFaZe said:
ssabripo... u driving a stick or a step??
if you did, i was wondering, how did you race him? in sports mode w/ DSC off power braking ? or did you use the steptronic??
My car is a 330ci, 5spd.
I raced him with DSC totally off, 2500rpm launch, redline shifts...

I have no major engine mods except RD exhaust and AA chip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.