BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving up the hill about 70km/h at SFU, some guy with his blue C230 pull up right next to my car, he looks at me and i guess he wants to start a race. So i speed up at around 130km/h i cut him, but he is still following so close. I try to speed up but he is just right behind me......:mad: :mad: :mad:
Is the C230 really that good or what??!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I dunno all I know is that its sc'ed

·
Registered
339 Posts
do u have manual or auto? i test drove a c230 and it feels pretty fast

·
Registered
442 Posts
my wife has the C230 kompressor, it has 200+hp and is very light and little combined with the supercharger it is very quick once it is moving, different story from a dead stop though.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Stock, all manual, 325/330 both beat the C230 (330 by a lot). Stock, all auto, 325 loses by a little but 330 still wins by a lot.

C230 K has 192 hp, 200 ft-lbs. & weighs about 3300 lbs. Due to it's SC engine, just adding a pulley gives some serious power gains. He probably had a pulley cause no way stock would the car even come close.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Yeah ... IMO the C230 is poop on wheels... now, C32 is another story.... almost got one but instead the M.... SOOOO HAPPY WITH THE M!

AdamR

·
Law Enforcer
2,419 Posts
The C230 isn't that fast, but it's decent for the money. I have a question though, how does "drafting" really work when applied to racing?

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Essentially when you are directly behind another cars windstream, they are cutting the air for you and you are essentially in a neutral or vacuum air area. You get a very nice advantage doing this and if you time it right you can accelerate and swing out and overtake if you do it correctly.

AdamR

M3Inline6 said:
The C230 isn't that fast, but it's decent for the money. I have a question though, how does "drafting" really work when applied to racing?

·
Registered
167 Posts
When a car/motorcycle goes fast, the surrounding air creates a pull for the car behind it (drafting). Even though the car behind you is slower, it'll be able to keep up with you and if he's pretty good, he can actually pass you using the momentum. All races uses drafting a lot, Nascar and AMA Superbike being examples: most of the cars/bikes are almost the same due to the restrictions. They are a little bit differnent, some have more power, some have better handling. What ultimately determines the winner is the driver/rider. It's a big drafting game.

·
Registered
841 Posts
c 230 has 192hp its pretty decent in terms of performance and value but then id never get one. its butt-ugly and too cheap to be a mercedes.

·
Alpha Male
6,647 Posts
digitalgm said:
Essentially when you are directly behind another cars windstream, they are cutting the air for you and you are essentially in a neutral or vacuum air area. You get a very nice advantage doing this and if you time it right you can accelerate and swing out and overtake if you do it correctly.

AdamR

"Loose is fast and on the edge of control..." :tongue:

·
Unregistered User
446 Posts
SkinEgg said:
I was driving up the hill about 70km/h at SFU, some guy with his blue C230 pull up right next to my car, he looks at me and i guess he wants to start a race. So i speed up at around 130km/h i cut him, but he is still following so close. I try to speed up but he is just right behind me......:mad: :mad: :mad:
Is the C230 really that good or what??!!
your car must be auto?

anyway, c230? fast? :lmao: i drove the 6 speed one, what a big pile of a sh1t car.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes yes.....i drive a auto 330 la....
too bad...or else...hee hee......
.....hee hee....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
C230 are slow .........i beat too many of those already........i have a 330Ci step with hamann kit and 19inch chrome wheels, and a audio system in the trunk.........all these are supposed to weigh me down and slow me down but i still beat C230 .........

·
Conceited Prick
1,977 Posts
Even with the extra ~500lbs of a vert' I whooped up on one. I guess he thought he was soooooo cool in his C230. :lmao: Any of y'all see the interior of them.:lmao: It may have the MB badge, but that interior is a joke. It does not exude the kind of quality one thinks of when MB is mentioned. It's a Cheap 230.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts