BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i juss got toyed around by a 745..
This happened in Garden State Parkway and i was cruising
down the road to go home with my girlfriend next to me.
All of sudden i see two cars coming mad fast with xenon lights.
One was 745 with a chick next to him also and the other one was the Maxima(old version)
As soon as 745 saw me he slowed down and stared at me
to get a race going on. I first didn't feel like racing a 7 series
knowing it'd be faster than my 330Ci. But then this guy kept
on slowing down and staring at me. so i said to myself let's
make it a one last quick race. so i start speeding up and there
it started... as soon as i hit 95 i see this 745 flying rite by me!!!
and my girlfriend's sitting there laughing her ass off.. and said
you little.. you juss got your ass kicked!! I got mad pissed so i down-shifted to 4th whilegoing 95 miles... and start pulling away from him a little.. as soon as i grinned at my baby and said how about that?? this guy flew by me again!!! Finally we got to the toll booth and had a chance to race from a complete stop. But this little ****head got a head start and left before i even got a chance to put my gear into the 1st.. so by hitting 6000rpm on each gear i caught up to him pretty fast and went past him and a mile later i had to get off so i gave him a hazardous lights and left..I never knew 7 series were that fast... it was very embarassing moment...:banghead:
I realized once again that i really need some performance mods done to my car... Anybody else here raced a 745??? and Do you think i will be able to handle 745 if i slap an intake and a chip on it?? I don't want to have to lose again!!! especially when my girlfriend's sitting rite next to me!!!:banghead: :confused:
btw my car is bone stock... as in performance wise:bawling:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah... i am kicking myself for not getting an M3...:banghead:

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,759 Posts
yea after 135 its over....they can hit 155 w/ ease but nice try i woulda done the same..:thumbup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wait.. MachRc!! with your car.. with those mods... wouldn't you be faster than the 745?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I don't want to have to lose again!!! especially when my girlfriend's sitting rite next to me!!!
Would she dump your for it or something??

wait.. MachRc!! with your car.. with those mods... wouldn't you be faster than the 745?
What mods?

Chip-

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bad... i thought he had some engine mods...:confused:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Imagine when that V8 goes in the X5! :) :)

Chip-

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've gotten smoked by a 745Li :eek: They are pretty damn fast

·
Registered
524 Posts
745i is FAST!! My friend has a 02' 540i auto (he's a BMW sales) and he was racing this guy in a 745i on the freeway, they were kinda head to head up til' 100mph before the 745i dissappeared from his site. And man I tell you he was impressed by the product he's selling.

·
Say hello to my lito fren
718 Posts
WHAT?! man, HELLS no!:confused: :huh:

I have raced an e65 745 twice, and I still kicked their ass, pretty much stock except for my exhaust.:confused: You guys must be running either automatic cars or just didn't know how to drive.

·
Registered
668 Posts
when the e65 745 short wheelbase version is in sport mode, I don't think a 330 can race it and win. I've driven the 745i and it is a stunner. Same with the old 7, I had a 740iL and I kicked a 328Ci's ass easy.

·
Addicted to Torque!
1,617 Posts
Ok...from a dead stop...I will romp a 745 till about 70. If you dare race a 540i or a 745/740 from a roll of around 30 mph....you better have a car that runs high 13's in the 1/4. There is no replacement for displacement. :dunno:

·
Registered
668 Posts
yeah, true mt3ch, I haven't had a race in a 7 from the lights yet... always from a rolling start, and always unbeaten! =)

·
Registered
496 Posts
It's important to note in this thread that the 1 place where the 745 will absolutley SMOKE you is in the $100k - $0 race in your wallet!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts