BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so doing this will aid the competition, but we will see where the "original" information will come from:)

Here's my latest install. Using standard bulbs that we ship out.
Turned out quite nice.

Sure, no daytime, because "eric" - being the brave sould that he was, made it to Jim's house @ 7 or 8pm.

Eric - THANKS for getting it done and I hope you like it:D

Attachments

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiring!

This is KEY.
You can use the wire that the "tester" is connected to, it's a perfect accessories wire in that it stays on 10 seconds after you click off the key.

Looks pretty cool. Course, you can play around with those wires to your hearts content.

ANother picture coming shortly.

Attachments

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one straight ahead photo as well.
This is where I forgot to turn off the flash, so the coloring is a little weird, at least I think so.

Attachments

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally, product update:

InV1si-Mirror for the M3 Oval Mirror is NO GO.
Not going to happen. Too many reasons to list. If you want to see the pictures, just post your request here, I'll put them up if I get 10 people that want them:D

·
Beware of pwner
1,851 Posts
Matt,

I couldn't be happier.

I'm glad we were able to work something out, having you have to work in the dark and all.

Wish we could have had time to get some better pictures, it was getting late, but it's a really clean install.

Thanks for everything.

Eric

·
Registered
965 Posts
umnitza said:
Wiring!

This is KEY.
You can use the wire that the "tester" is connected to, it's a perfect accessories wire in that it stays on 10 seconds after you click off the key.

Looks pretty cool. Course, you can play around with those wires to your hearts content.

ANother picture coming shortly.
I didn't understand this, if I plug my lights in there when it will turn on?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Munich said:

I didn't understand this, if I plug my lights in there when it will turn on?
They will be on with the key. Day time runners.

Great idea Matt!! You took mine one step further. :thumbup:

That may become my new standard 12 v spot for installs. I like it.

John V

PS I got those bulbs. Thanks:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
umnitza said:
Finally, how many of you think those look like DDEs or LEDs?

Can't tell?
Matt,

I like the LEDs a lot. I think the overall install could be done quicker and be much cleaner looking. You would also gain the fact that the whole kit is much more easily removeable with probably only a small hole in each light.

The one thing I dont like is the blue'ish light produced. I would prefer it to be closer to OEM. I not knowing much about LEDs need to do more research into it all. And I will.

I also really like the idea of just using better bulbs in the current DDE kit. The post put up a few days ago using Osram bulbs seems like it would end the melting issue completely. I know the cost is more and would need to be offset to the customer, but for a better product than you already have would be outstanding!!

I know that you are hard at work devising something far beyond a lightbox anyway;) so maybe I'll just sit back and wait for the postman to show:D ;)

John V

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Contrary to popular belief the LEDs are not easier.
I don't know how they could be unless the LEDs are pre'harnessed.

You have to "glue", or whatever you use that refers to glue, them into the opening. Sure, you can "tie wrap" them, but why?

The next stage Gen V is just a modular upgrade. The reason I used the wiring that I did was to begin to go into that direction ;) ;) ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts