BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which aftermarket exhaust is the most quiet?
I've heard AA, Supersprint, and Remus is up there on the quiet list, but which is the most quiet for a 330 with the resonator in?
I just sold off my TSE1 because it was too loud for me...

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have supersprint and i think its awesome

·
Registered
71 Posts
My remus has a great grow/rumble when you start up, and about 20 seconds in, the tone settles and eventually you can't even notice that there was even an aftermarket exhaust on at all. At which point all you can hear is the nifty little whistle from my Dinan CAI :D

BTW this is on an '01 325ci.

Let me know if you'd like to see pix of the setup on the car. I love the dual dtm chrome tips on the remus w/ the wolf cutouts...

Everyone always compliments how :pimpin: it looks!

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,348 Posts
i have supersprint and i think its awesome
could you elaborate a bit more on this? nice tone? nice hp gain? is it loud or quiet?

i'm about to order one today, and i just would like some final input...i want a quiet system, no droning...don't really care if it is only a bit louder than stock, as long as the tone is there...

thanks...

·
Registered
113 Posts
yea the tone is def there. You can't really hear it when the windows are up but you can when the windows are down which i love.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have the SuperSprint on my 328 and the thing sounds just like stock. It you really don't want any more noise the Superspring is the way to go. If you feel that it is too quiet some people even take out one of the resonators.

·
2,348 Posts
thanks for the responses...

it's not that i don't want it to be louder, just not TOO loud...people have varying tastes when it comes to volume...my last 3 cars were pretty loud...not unbearable, but too loud for my taste now...i ran an 2 Ansas, and a Remus on previous cars, cat-backs with mandrel bent and 1/4" larger diameter tubing...they all had good tone, but a bit too much volume for where i'm at today...i just want a better tone, at a civilized volume and the slight bump in hp w/good looking tips...

if this were a track car, it'd be a completely different story, but it's my daily so i just want to be sure i'm getting something liveable....

:thumbup:

·
name's PHIL
6,165 Posts
foRRREVerz said:
My remus has a great grow/rumble when you start up, and about 20 seconds in, the tone settles and eventually you can't even notice that there was even an aftermarket exhaust on at all
so fukin true and thats why i love mine...........beside they have some fancy lookin tips too:thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeff43 said:
...i just want a better tone, at a civilized volume and the slight bump in hp w/good looking tips...

sounds like you've just described a Supersprint. :thumbup: I've had experience with all of these and the SS sounds like what you're looking for.

·
Registered
156 Posts
What are the performance differences between the Remus and the Supersprint? Are the horsepower gains similar?

·
2,348 Posts
What are the performance differences between the Remus and the Supersprint? Are the horsepower gains similar?
the gains should be about the same for all muffler only systems, and by "the same" i mean slight....3-5hp....

i just made an appointment to have a SuperSprint installed Wednesday morning...CANNOT WAIT....:thumbup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm. Sounds like SS is the way to go.
I want to get an aftermarket exhaust because I want a little gain, but not at the expense of lowering the luxury ride inside, which is what happened when I got the UUC. It was noisy inside and I was setting off alarms all over my block.
Plus, I'd have a "sleeper" car. It's completely stock looking.
haha!

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
abigfire said:
Just wondering which aftermarket exhaust is the most quiet?
I've heard AA, Supersprint, and Remus is up there on the quiet list, but which is the most quiet for a 330 with the resonator in?
I just sold off my TSE1 because it was too loud for me...
Why don't you goto the meet this saturday and check out a few exhaust's for yourself. Thats the best way to make you decision.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's a meet this Sat? Didn't know. Unfortunately, I have to be at work....maybe the next one!

·
Registered
178 Posts
abigfire said:
Hmm. Sounds like SS is the way to go.
I want to get an aftermarket exhaust because I want a little gain, but not at the expense of lowering the luxury ride inside, which is what happened when I got the UUC. It was noisy inside and I was setting off alarms all over my block.
Plus, I'd have a "sleeper" car. It's completely stock looking.
haha!
Cant you adjust the noise level with the UUC exhaust?

·
2,348 Posts
Cant you adjust the noise level with the UUC exhaust?
only by swapping a straight pipe for a resonator...

if you get just a muffler, like a remus/supersprint/dinan, etc you can have a resonator removed and replaced witha straight pipe....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts