BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

What gives the ZHP exhaust its sound? Is it only the muffler or is it a combination of the resonators and pipes?

Will putting a ZHP muffler on a 325 produce the same sound as a 330 ZHP?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I searched for ZHP Exhaust and a lot of threads came up that didn't answer my questions.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
hmmm....i know that teh muffler is very differnt from a stock 330 but im sure they used the same resonators as in any 3er minus the m3........I ditched my muffler and went with stright pipes.....best sound i could have ever asked for

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have a 330i and put a ZHP muffler on my ride. I just used my existing pipes and resonators. It sounds NICE. Definitely better than the stock 330i with sport package...yet not overbearing like some aftermarket muffler/exhausts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm pretty sure the entire ZHP system is stainless as well. But, don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Where can you a buy a ZHP exhaust from? :4ngie:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
search the forums.... some people on here are asking for like 150 or something like that...
if not you will def pay wayyyyyyyyyy too much from bimmer
lol what does that have to do with the longevity of the part?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just bought Amazzins ZHP exhaust, I will try to take sound clips of it on a 323 with both resonators still in place. I probably wont have time to have intalled for another week but I will try to before I go away.
Cool. Thanks man.

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Hi all,

What gives the ZHP exhaust its sound? Is it only the muffler or is it a combination of the resonators and pipes?

Will putting a ZHP muffler on a 325 produce the same sound as a 330 ZHP?

Thanks!

a factory muffler is a factory muffler... spendin money on a zhp exhaust is a waste

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
a factory muffler is a factory muffler... spendin money on a zhp exhaust is a waste
I agree spending alot of money is, but for $100 its a very nice upgrade (just with the tips alone), you can spend $100 just for nice tips these days. And it does sound nicer then stock but not loud.

Which is what I wanted. It was either that or spend ALOT of money on a Remus to get basically the same look and sound.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts