E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
As far as I know all US cars came with keyless. The key you have sounds like a spare or valet key you can order from the dealer. You will probably have to order the correct keys from BMW and have a service adviser help you with syncing/program it to the car (simple task, does not need to be hooked up to a computer).

·
/// Limitless
2,920 Posts
Peabody BMW, ebmwparts.com has had some of the best pricing on replacement keys in the past. I think it's $125 per key. You'll have to provide a copy of your registration and your drivers license, but it will get you a key that is cut to your ignition as registered with BMW and it will work with your EWS (anti-theft module).

·
Registered
567 Posts
Were ALL E46's equipped with key-less entry?
When I purchased my car, all I got was the regular key.

AND YES i tried SEARCHING!
Yeah I'm about 99.9% sure all the e46's had keyless entry. What do you mean by 'the regular key'? Like a valet key?

BTW, seing that you have like what an 01-03 330i? If so then yes, 150% it has keyless entry, and you will have to go the dealer and let them rape you for a key..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.