BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a stupid question but I've searched via google, realoem and briefly tried the wiring diagram yet could not find the answer to this so I figured I would ask.

To what do the wires that are routed through the trunk floor connect to? See attachment. (image not mine)

Long story short, a used oil container spilled in my trunk some time ago. The oil had gone everywhere, including under my rear seats. I've cleaned most of it up, replaced my rear trunk liners and my rear seats.

However, I'm currently having electrical issues (likely grounding related) that I believe may have something to do with this leak. I noticed there is oil inside the rubber gasket that those wires are routed through.

So, does anyone know what they connect to? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
3,782 Posts
This is probably a stupid question but I've searched via google, realoem and briefly tried the wiring diagram yet could not find the answer to this so I figured I would ask.

To what do the wires that are routed through the trunk floor connect to? See attachment. (image not mine)

Long story short, a used oil container spilled in my trunk some time ago. The oil had gone everywhere, including under my rear seats. I've cleaned most of it up, replaced my rear trunk liners and my rear seats.

However, I'm currently having electrical issues (likely grounding related) that I believe may have something to do with this leak. I noticed there is oil inside the rubber gasket that those wires are routed through.

So, does anyone know what they connect to? Thanks in advance.
Nevermind the wires, is your subframe collapsing? :eeps:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm going to guess here......If it runs to the area near the fuel pump under the rear seat it was part of a battery kill switch used to save the battery during shipping. If you follow those wires it will lead you to your battery. Possibly the same random wire that was near my fuel pump after removing my seat. Again, totally guessing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts