E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
O.D.
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i have to check manually by pulling the door apart? or can it be assumed that i have 12 pin mirrors since i have reverse tilt / memory on my 2001 325i?

I would just go check, but my car is about 150 miles away from me, damn college. :p

TIA - please help me out!

·
O.D.
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok :thumbup: :thumbup: -- anyone thing i should confirm by tearin the door apart and checkin firsthand? i dont want to be wrong :p

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Yes 12 pin would be on both mirrors.

If you have power seats you should have 12 pin

And if you are looking to upgrade to the M3 style mirrors I have a pair of replicas that are 12 pin for a sedan with both the mirrror glass having the split convex.It also has the autofold function but you will need the switch that will cost $35. Selling for $300

PM me For Pics!

·
www.piratecove.org
3,698 Posts
there is no hard and fast rule as to determine what you have
i have had too many people PM'ing me saying 'i read that if i have X then i have Y pins...i bought Z mirrors and they didnt work...HELP'

Just stop being lazy and take 15 mins to take your door panel off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,447 Posts
CtrlAltDel said:
there is no hard and fast rule as to determine what you have
i have had too many people PM'ing me saying 'i read that if i have X then i have Y pins...i bought Z mirrors and they didnt work...HELP'

Just stop being lazy and take 15 mins to take your door panel off!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trust me, Jim knows.... from all the headache he had to go through to get his to work. Till Bodywerks and I set him up he is a very happy person right?

325i-Vizon-
It's very easy to take the door off, I can do it less then 10 minutes now. Like I told everyone that inquired about this OEM M3 mod, just take the door off and check to be safe then to be sorry. If you need help just let me know.

Charlie

·
O.D.
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one more question...i read the door removal diy on this site in the diy/tech section and it said that if the door clips break, theyre cheap, where can i get these from if i break em? :dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts