BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the headlights the same on the 99-01 & 02-04? I know the 3s had a face lift on the 02+ but was it just the headlight corner lights? Or the headlights one peice including the corner lights or two seperate pieces?

I have a 02 3's (w/face lift) without xenon(regular halogen) and was wondering is it possible to stick the 99-01 Xenon headlights on there. The 02+ came with bi-xenons but I havn't seen a lot of these or any at all on sale. I was wondering is it possible to stick the 99-01 xenon on there but not sure as to wheter or not this would fit on the 02+ w/ face lift.

Someone clear this up for me?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't know about swapping the whole assembly but you can do the retrofit if you change the inside hardware. Do a search for more info on xenon.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
yeah the headlight cases are different

but you can swap the guts of the light out...some people around here do that kinda thing buy buying lights off ebay and doing the swap

·
Registered
318 Posts
Me

I did the opposite 2002 330CI Bi-Xenons onto my 1999 323I SE Sedan...

Is very easy to do, just take the plastic and lens cover frm your unit and change with the 1999 unit.

Easy mod.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts