BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 BMW 330i ZHP Auto
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 2004 facelift coupe. The rearview mirror is dark. There a 2001 sedan in my area that is being parted out. Will the rearview mirror from the 2001 sedan fit on my 2004 coupe? Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 BMW 330i ZHP Auto
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the mirror has the BMW assist buttons. It does not have a compass or home link, but it does have the rain sensor.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Check the part numbers on real OEM.That's what I always do to see compatibility

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had to get my 2004 vert mirror fixed. I found a company that did it. It was $99. I shipped them my mirror and got it back fixed within a week.

Before finding this, I considered replacement. I don't know if this is true, but I read in several sites that if I replaced my mirror (with homelink and BMW Assist) with any other type (with compass, or oval, or without BMW Assist) it would bubble as soon as I plugged it in. I'm curious as to the reality of this, because I'd really like to have a compass in my mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
13,984 Posts
I had to get my 2004 vert mirror fixed. I found a company that did it. It was $99. I shipped them my mirror and got it back fixed within a week.

Before finding this, I considered replacement. I don't know if this is true, but I read in several sites that if I replaced my mirror (with homelink and BMW Assist) with any other type (with compass, or oval, or without BMW Assist) it would bubble as soon as I plugged it in. I'm curious as to the reality of this, because I'd really like to have a compass in my mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the place I used a few years ago to have the mirror in my 2004 330Ci w/ BMW Assist fixed.
http://www.radar-mirror.com/Mirror_Repair.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts