E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick Koni damage (or other shock) question...

My Koni sports came a little banged up. The spring plate was off on one of them, is this supposed to be lined up in a particular angle. The other one was shipped with a clip holding it together, but with a couple of paint chips. I'm dying to put these things on...but should I wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
In my experience

with countless sets of Konis, more often than not they are packaged poorly like that and have some scuffs and paint chips. this obviously doesn't impede the function of an otherwise great shock. More than likely, knowing Konis, if you send them back, you'll get another chipped set. Just get some yellow paint and touch it up yourself, IMO :)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
You can only see the bottom half of the right hand shock from behind the car anyway. The left hand one is hidden by the exhaust.

But I love pulling into my driveway in my girlfriend's car and just seeing that hint of yellow from underneath my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.