BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here are some real quick and crappy pics of what i have started to overhaul my interior. I just got the seats and got them in. The blue fabric will be brought into the door and into the back seat. Im in the process of ordering the fabric through corbeau...

anywase... i was worried about the black on the seats and it looking weird with the grey interior...and it doesnt so im not too worried about that.

but since my trim now is topaz it looks stupid with the new seats. It totaly does not match at all... so i need to do something.

so tell me what you think i should do with my trim???? Please give me some ideas here.

im thinking maybe CF...but that is super expensive and i sort of dont like the not solid look of it on the interior...though i love it in my exterior...

then i thought of maybe black trim....

or then i thought maybe silver/brushed aluminum color for it...to brink out the brushed UUC knobs and pedals i have....

i dunno.. let me know...

thanks

kevin

·
Registered
266 Posts
i'd say get the brushed silver aluminum trim to match your shift knob and hand brake... btw, your car is looking great...

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,181 Posts
I like it the way it is... :thumbup:

but whatever you do, I'd still like it!!!

Q

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
47,772 Posts
Same here, I like how it is. Just curious, are you keeping your stock seats? I'm looking for some fully loaded gray sport seats...let me know

Thanks !

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont have sport seats.... one of the reasons i wanted to get rid of them....

The pictures dont really do the color variation justice......

the seats are alot more brighter and bluer than the topaz..... and it just looks really weird... it sort of makes the trim look dull....

anybody know what OEM brushed aluminum trim runs?????

i think id rather have it painted like i did with the topaz....

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

common guys...need some opinions here....

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

repost of the pics... dont know what the hell happened to the first batch of pics...

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
I'd say go for black cf to tie back to the black accents on your seats or brushed aluminum to go back to your shift knob and such.
btw, love the new seats!!!!

·
-not a mod-
31,413 Posts
Blue and grey seats would fit better, but it still looks sweet. Go with aluminum trim...as others have said

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what does oem brushed trim run????

i picked up a silver paint today with a metalic finish...i think im goint to spray some test cards.... ill try and post some pics later

why the hell does my pics keep going away???

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fixed the red X's...dont know whythey keep going away..

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bump...need some opinions guys... please..

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
any body know what oem trim runs???? specificly the brushed trim....

·
Mod Squad
12,622 Posts
Man, I'd try and do something to pick up the black in the seats. Right now the black tips on those seats just screams out at me. First thing I'd look at is swapping out your shift and ebrake boots. It sounds like you have a plan in place for the blue, so no worries there, but that black just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. :dunno: Maybe a gloss black trim would help things too, or c/f, but like you mentioned, that stuff is expensive.

I'm not trying to be a peckerhead or anything, I just want to help you out so you can win some more trophies. ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know matchrom trim is about 475.00 through circle bmw. shop around.

just a thought but you could send your trims out to Sportcycle salvage and have them lay up Blue/black carbon kevlar on them, that might look tight.

Personally I would go with the Aluminum look. too bad those seats aren't a closer match to the topaz.

www.sportcyclesalvage.com

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
i got matchrom for 190 off eBay, good deal.....but make sure u wax it first when u get it, BEFORE YOU PUT IT ON, because if you don't (this is what i did), your finger oils make marks on the trim no matter how clean u think ur hands are, and then I hadda take the trim off this past weekend and do the wax and then stick the pieces back on. it was a big hassle, just avoid that and get the matchrom, i'll post a pic, looks good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts