E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my back brake I'm missing one of the bolts that holds the caliper onto the rotor, I believe this is a 7mm hex bolt mentioned in the faq, does anyone have a part # or the exact dimensions of the bolt so I can replace it, I have a large supply of bolts in front of me, (my dad has a trucking company) and probably wouldnt need to order it if I just knew what size to replace it with. thanks!

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
XscoreX said:
On my back brake I'm missing one of the bolts that holds the caliper onto the rotor, I believe this is a 7mm hex bolt mentioned in the faq, does anyone have a part # or the exact dimensions of the bolt so I can replace it, I have a large supply of bolts in front of me, (my dad has a trucking company) and probably wouldnt need to order it if I just knew what size to replace it with. thanks!
You will also need the pitch.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think when I replaced my brake pads I didnt tighten it down real good & it jiggled off. If its not ereally a standadrd bolt probably is a better deal to just order it from the dealership, probably have it in stock.

·
1,043 Posts
It also has an unthreaded part too. I think the pitch is 1.0, but dont take my word for it. Got to the dealer and order a few just to be safe. If you use another bolt, make sure you get the right hardness too. probably is 8.8 or 10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.