E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'am pretty new here, and i tried to do a search, but there is massive amount of topics not really related to what i try to find.

Maybe someone know some DYI thread about audio wiring in E46? I'am interested in signal cable wiring from HU to trunk. And audio cable wiring from trunk to front door. I'am not really sure how to do it nice and tidy.

All i can find is recommendation that signal cable go through center. And i'am not sure how audio cable will go into the door, as i understand it wont fit in standard place, do i need to drill?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Look on the left hand side of the trunk under the carpeting, there should be a box with a bunch of wires where you can tap into them. Just look up the color coded of the wires and you should splice/tap into what ever you need.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is there any old wiring there? Knock off the door panel so you get to see a better look, then you might have to go under the carpet, through a pillar and into the door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks for the input! I will check what i see there, i has not opened it before...

But isn't it better to use quality audio cable from amp to speaker and not interconnect it with stock cables? I also plan speakers and HU upgrade. My current set-up is Business cassette player, mid and twit in front doors and 2 minds in rear.. Sounds awful :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes! It is. Alright so the best and easiest is just look at how and where the wiring runs through the car and just follow it. If not the your probably going to do a custom pathway. It's easier than what you think, be careful and disconnect the battery I have heard that you can get codes from switching the stereo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You mean error codes? I asked at my local service, they said there should be no problems.

And what about signal cables? I will need 2 of them from HU to trunk? What is the best way to route them there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts