BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its winter here in cleveland, time for some winter tires.

um i need to get some for the 545i that I just got.

I was thinking the bridgestone blizzacks???

Do you recomend anything for the winter???

current tire size on the car is 225/50 R 17

also can i place the order right here through you....thanks

kevin

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Yes, you can order directly through over the phone or me or online directly at :

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/winter/index.jsp

There are two Blizzak products that would fit in this sizing.

Here is a cut from my winter tire sticky that helps explain he differences between the two :

Get snow tires appropriate to your climate and driving style. If you don't see too much snow during the winter, and you like to drive/corner fast, look into the H-rated high performance snow tires like the Blizzak LM-22.

If your area gets heavy snow or a lot of packed snow and ice, then look into a more aggressive, Q rated snow tire like the Blizzak WS-50. Q rated winter tires like the Blizzak WS-50 offer the best in snow traction, but will give up some dry road responsiveness over an H rated snow tire to get it. The former Moderator Eddie ran this tire on his 330CI last winter, and I've run these for years on my car.

·
Top2Bottom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its for sure the Q rated tire for me. Cleveland snow belt, tons of snow. Roads are wet more than dry in the winter.

alright lets get the ball rolling here... ill order directly through you, just pm me or whatever....

thanks gary,

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts