E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok .... i want to know why my dsc light doesnt turn off ....
plus i got a flat today and im on a spare ...
also ... i dont have my driver manual crap with me ... so cant do ne thing aobut it ... im so stressed out plz help thanks a lot

-tom-

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
all u need todo is press the DSC button to turn it off...you will be fine running on your spare its the same tire as the rest of the car if you have replaced the rims or tires...so you should be fine...

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
if u turn the car off, and on again, DSC should reset itself, and will not be illuminated.

-brendan

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
I know why....is your spare a different size then your other wheels?? If so, thats your problem...since lets say the wheel is smaller or bigger then the rest, the cars' computer calculates that it is spinning too fast or too slow.....and thinks the car is going to lose control....because one wheel is spinning faster then the rest for example(if its smaller)....this will make dsc apply the brakes to that one wheel so it spins at the same rate as the rest...
Solution...you need to run equal diameter wheels on all 4 sides....

EX: sports package set up
ie if fronts are 225/40/17
the rears compensate for being wider at 245, by being a lower profile at 35...

the net diameter is the same for all tires, no dsc light.

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
RE:

K-DOG said:
I know why....is your spare a different size then your other wheels?? If so, thats your problem...since lets say the wheel is smaller or bigger then the rest, the cars' computer calculates that it is spinning too fast or too slow.....and thinks the car is going to lose control....because one wheel is spinning faster then the rest for example(if its smaller)....this will make dsc apply the brakes to that one wheel so it spins at the same rate as the rest...
Solution...you need to run equal diameter wheels on all 4 sides....

EX: sports package set up
ie if fronts are 225/40/17
the rears compensate for being wider at 245, by being a lower profile at 35...

the net diameter is the same for all tires, no dsc light.
I have different size tires F/R, but no DSC problems. :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts