BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you buy your eyes..... Is it easy to install the kit or are you better off buying the whole headlight with angels already in place?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
i´ve spend for the first headlight 90 minutes and for the second about 45 minutes. normally i think it´s made complete in 60 minutes but i searched the right place for making the hole for the wires, because i wanted to keep my normal parkinglight - if it´s called like that (german "standicht").
If you youse this hole it´s all done in 60 minutes. just have a look at my photostory and scroll down. there you can see what i mean.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
i´ve spend for the first headlight 90 minutes and for the second about 45 minutes. normally i think it´s made complete in 60 minutes but i searched the right place for making the hole for the wires, because i wanted to keep my normal parkinglight - if it´s called like that (german "standicht").
If you youse this hole it´s all done in 60 minutes. just have a look at my photostory and scroll down. there you can see what i mean.

nice info, just bought myself angel eyes as well.. but where in the headlight you ended up placing the wires? couldn't see clearly from the pics and i can read german. :p

·
BEER+WINGS = :)
1,460 Posts
If you got a good set of umnitza, with proper instructions(which if you bought from JL you should of gotten), then the install should be very simple as long as you know how to follow directions, the hardest thing about installing the halos is making sure you put back everything on right, without breaking anything (tabs and such), UNLESS you are one of those poor guys who has a facelifted coupe and have to bake your headlights....

HARLEY

·
Registered
374 Posts
when you clip on the rings you just have to put the wires behind the reflector and take them to the bottom of the headlight. then put in the hole in the "edge" like on my picture and fish it with a hard wire through the hole. the black boxes i´ve placed like on the picture in the small place wich look like if it´s made for them and fixed them. then i took a oem socket for the bulb and soldered the wires from the black box to the socket. with this way you don´t destroy the oem wires from your car.

i hope you understand my english.....

·
Registered
374 Posts
sorry, but i just can tell you my german dealer. the rings are not with bulbs or led´s - they are filled with neon - called ccfl.

i think in the us the favorite dealers for tihs parts are ümnitza or JleviSW.

But there are many sets on ebay.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
Install is very easy, we include a full installation guide with all of our kits.

The only reason to purchase our full replacement headlights (Projector46) is if you have stock halogens and want to upgrade to xenons. This way you can get a projector based housing with built in angel eyes. In terms of installation, both are about equal in difficulty.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
nick:...Would it be pointless to get projector 46's without xenons? How long/difficult of an install are p46's?
Not at all, in fact many people purchase the Projector46's with halogens and add our ProLumen HID kit at a later date. Definitely something you could do in stages and you would still benefit from a projector housing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I would still get a projector housing with angel eyes if I were to order the p46's??? So if I just wanted to put angel eyes on my halogen stock lamps could it be done without the projector housing(p46)?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nick....So I would still get a projector housing with angel eyes if I were to order the basic p46's??? So if I just wanted to put angel eyes on my halogen stock lamps could it be done without the projector housing(p46)?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts