BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two unrelated questions:

1. Today I was driving up a very steep one lane road, and had to stop to let another car go by. I started to go up again, letting out the clutch and all that, but the engine died. It lugged pretty bad, and I may have rolled backwards with the clutch out. It made the most awful clunking/clacking noise, and even a sort of clicking/tapping noise a couple times as it stopped. :eek:

I restarted it, and it felt very rough, the gear shifter was shaking, the whole car was sort of rumbling, the RPM's were pulsing, and it just felt and sounded horrible. I took off, revved it up, seemed to work fine. What could have happened!??!

2. This is an easy one. When I tightened down my new rear shock bolts, the little flange spun a little as shown. Does it matter?

Normal:

Spun a little:

:bow:

·
Registered
437 Posts
1= worn flex disc aka 'guibo' ?
2= ???

i've got two unrelated questions:

1. Today i was driving up a very steep one lane road, and had to stop to let another car go by. I started to go up again, letting out the clutch and all that, but the engine died. It lugged pretty bad, and i may have rolled backwards with the clutch out. It made the most awful clunking/clacking noise, and even a sort of clicking/tapping noise a couple times as it stopped. :eek:

I restarted it, and it felt very rough, the gear shifter was shaking, the whole car was sort of rumbling, the rpm's were pulsing, and it just felt and sounded horrible. I took off, revved it up, seemed to work fine. What could have happened!??!

2. This is an easy one. When i tightened down my new rear shock bolts, the little flange spun a little as shown. Does it matter?

Normal:

spun a little:

:bow:

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
They do go bad out of the blue, especially when you put more load on them, like going uphill. You are fine on the rear shock mounts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts