BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)does anyone knows if the throttle body from dinan suits for european cars? or it's only made for USA cars?

2)is it required to get all the dinan stages before getting the TB?
does it still work with stock once TB installed ?

3)have anyone heard of the JWR (jurgen weise) , i got my car reprogramed (trim chiped). not sure if it works with dinan TB.

when i was there to get trim chiped my car, i asked them why my engine stall after i installed the CAI. they said it has to do with my TB. but when i installed back in stock then its fine ??
im not able to locate the problem, but i was planing to try dinan TB . any advice maybe ?

i'm locate in europe so there is a slight differences.

i badly want to install the CAI , but its not driveable since it keep on stalling on me once i shift or press the clutch. the rpm just goes all the way to bottom.

·
Registered
539 Posts
From the Dinan Website:

Dinan's High Flow Throttle Body improves intake air flow for additional horsepower and torque gains. The internal diameter of the stock 330 throttle body is increased by 3 mm, for a 9% increase in air flow. The resulting increase in air flow provides more horsepower and torque throughout the rpm range, with noticeably quicker throttle response. Fully matched Stage 3 Engine Software and the Cold Air Intake System are required with the Throttle Body for the 330.

IMHO if I were going to install all of those mods I would go with the Dinan. That's what I'm saving up for!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome-e46 thanks for the great search. but i'm still concern over weather or not the TB will fit european BMW ?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not sure. I wouldn't think there would be a difference. Reccomend you call the service dept of your local dealer, preferably BMW dealer that does Dinan work and ask them. you can find your nearest Dinan Dealer by doing a search on the Dinan website.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i live in sweden, and i asked the dealer if they heard of DINAN, and there is a software download you can get. they have no clue what i'm talking about.

our dealer here in sweden they just know how to install and repair, performance they are very poorly. but one weird thing is that england knows about DINAN performance and not here in sweden.

i really have no clue what i can do with my car?? :dunno:

·
Registered
66 Posts
i cant see why an intake (cai) would cause your car to stall like that...? maybe your HFM (air meter) is not attached properly and theres a vacuum leak? check your hose connections cause this doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the problem doesn't just occure to me here in sweden, a dude from stochholm he have the same problem with his 328 and another guy with his 320. same thing, it only stall to those with the new model BMW, but the old model is fine once they change the CAI. also i have double check their is not sign of leaking air or losen vacuum.

clueless.. :dunno:

when engine is cold then is fine driving it, but when it starts to get warmed up then the RMP seems to drop much lower than it suppose to , you can feel it when the RPM drop low because the steering wheel seems to get a little harder on turns (stalling kind of feeling) than usual, but once the engine sense there is to little gas then the RPM try to jump higher, you can say it bounce up and down.

if you guys wonder if there is possible to much warm air enter , its not i have block all the warm air out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts