E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions on the UUC swaybarbarian!! I know that the Polyurethane Bushings for the UUC sways needs to lubed with heavy grease before install. Dose anybody know what brand is good ,long lasting and not easily flush off by water??
:dunno: :dunno:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
When i installed mine, i used lithium grease. which was extremely thick and seem to stick on no matter how much water. but u shouldnt have to worrry about that because the bushing is almost completely covered in a metal bracket which water wont beable to get to anyway. its hidden behind the casing of the rear differential, water wont splash on there either.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hmmm, I have to say my experience is that after a few winter months of salt and snow, the lube must be gone because of the wretched squeaking.
However, Rob posted a tip to **wrap one layer of teflon plumber tape** around the bar before lubing it. I would think white lithium grease would work as well as anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts