BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gary,

As you might recall, I'm looking into possibly purchasing these wheels in size 18x8 sometime next year after my 355mm Brembo BBK gets installed on my car (since I've confirmed from a few folks here that the 18x8 OZ Ultraleggera will clear the Brembo 355mm BBK).

I plan on using these Ultraleggera wheels for my winter wheel setup (my 19" BBS RS-GT will be my summer setup) but was concerned whether the fact that these Ultraleggera wheels are light weight would make them more prone to wheel bends for normal daily driving use? I'm leaning towards the Ultraleggeras in the black finish and was wondering whether things like road salt would be harmful to the finish?

Thanks,
Navin

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Strength is very good with these wheels, no concern there. The matt black finish uses a clearcoat for durability and has the same finish warranty from OZ as the silver painted version, so I would also be confident that the finish should hold up well.

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/wheels/index.jsp
Thanks Gary! What is OZ's finish warranty?

What I may do (again next year) will be to purchase just one wheel from you first, then test fit to my car after the Brembo BBK has been installed on my car, make sure the Ultraleggera wheel clears before I purchase the other 3 wheels from you.

Is this an accurate test fit (test fitting just the wheel only) or does mounting the tire to the wheel make it more accurate? I guess my concern is that maybe the Ultraleggera wheel winds up clearing the BBK by itself but when I mount the wheel to the tire then it no longer clears the BBK? :dunno:

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if they make the Ultraleggera wheel in 17x8.5 or 17x9 size?
You might have better luck finding an answer if you make a separate thread and ask your questions instead of jacking my thread (no offense to you, just giving you a friendly suggestion).

Check Tirerack website for the available sizes or the OZ website. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Just order one wheel and test fit it, if they don't fit- just send it back and you will just be out $20 for shipping. I thnk they will fit fine, and you don't need the tire to check the "correct fitment."

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Thanks Gary! What is OZ's finish warranty?

What I may do (again next year) will be to purchase just one wheel from you first, then test fit to my car after the Brembo BBK has been installed on my car, make sure the Ultraleggera wheel clears before I purchase the other 3 wheels from you.

Is this an accurate test fit (test fitting just the wheel only) or does mounting the tire to the wheel make it more accurate? I guess my concern is that maybe the Ultraleggera wheel winds up clearing the BBK by itself but when I mount the wheel to the tire then it no longer clears the BBK? :dunno:

Two year finish warranty.

Test fitting in this manner if fine. Just mention this to me when you call in the order. Mounting the tire won't change BBK clearance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts