BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I just purchased a new set of these from someone in CA. They look great and I will post pics as soon as I get the set up. But my questions are these?

1) What is the stock spare that comes when you buy these wheels? Is is a 5th M72 or is it a dougnut?

2) My car is leased and came with type 44's initially. Should I sell my 44s and return the car with the 72s or hang onto the 44s and put them back on when I turn her in. The car has 30 months left on the lease. I am most concerned about space to store the wheels and I do not mind giving the 72s to BMW when I retrun the car, but I don't want to get screwed for somehow altering the car from stock.

Thanks in advance.
Sport/Luxury Packages
Xenons
Harmon/Kardon
Steptronic
Painted Reflectors
De-Badged

·
Registered
393 Posts
E46 Sport said:
First of all, I just purchased a new set of these from someone in CA. They look great and I will post pics as soon as I get the set up. But my questions are these?

1) What is the stock spare that comes when you buy these wheels? Is is a 5th M72 or is it a dougnut?

2) Should I sell my 44s and return the car with the 72s or hang onto the 44s and put them back on when I turn her in.

When you buy M72's on a car from BMW the spare is a donut. I don't know the "legalize" about which wheels you must turn in with the car but the M72's and tires cost a lot more than the stock, but I'd check your lease to be sure.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine came with style 72 MV spokes and the spare is a dough nut. Since the V-spoke costs more than the rims your car came with, I would hold on to those and put it back on when you return your car. Luckily I don't have to worry about such problem.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts