BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently drive a evo 9. i just drove past my local bmw dealer and they have a 2001 gray manual m3 with 33k on it. It is in mint condition. they are asking 29000$. i have never owned a bmw so i came here to to ask what you guys feel about this deal? it has a warrentee for maybe a year left. Are there any big factors i should consider when purchasing a 01 m3? its gonna be my second car but i will be driving it alot.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
offer 27.5k they will probably take 28k for it. thats a good price btw to start with for that many miles. i paid 35k (+tax of course) for my 03 with 50k.

big issues are at 60k you haev a $1500 maintenance, brake jobs are 1000, clutches are 1800. but at that mileage its a good buy. go for it!

since your from NY, there is a dealership called planet automall nearby i forget if its on long island or northern NJ. it had 4 m3s last i checked, but idk what kinda shape they are in, its one of those wholesaler dealers...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Six year. .

they are asking 29000$. i have never owned a bmw so i came here to to ask what you guys feel about this deal? it has a warrentee for maybe a year left.
The notorious "rod bearing" fiasco was in full swing in 2001 for BMW's M3 series, so be sure that was done. Also it's a six year old car, so there is no warrantee left. I wouldn't give them more than $25K tops for it. Look around Autotrader and you'll see 2003's in the mid-thirties. Why dump $30 on a car worth no more than $25K?

Example:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...3&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=300

·
Registered
517 Posts
i currently drive a evo 9. i just drove past my local bmw dealer and they have a 2001 gray manual m3 with 33k on it. It is in mint condition. they are asking 29000$. i have never owned a bmw so i came here to to ask what you guys feel about this deal? it has a warrentee for maybe a year left. Are there any big factors i should consider when purchasing a 01 m3? its gonna be my second car but i will be driving it alot.
i think i seen that one, was that at rallye bmw?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts