E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '02 330Ci Dinan3 with the HK stereo system. I've never been happy with the sound quality overall, but I've never been able to justify spending thousands to replace the whole system. Now the subwoofer has gone bad (I assume it's the sub's amp that is shot). Anyway, I have a 10" Kicker sub and Precision Power amp that I used to have in my Acura that's been collecting dust for a few years now that I'd like to put into the BMW. I want to do this as easily and cheaply as possible. So my questions are:

1. Can I just cut off the wiring harness that plugs into the subwoofer's amp and attach a line converter to the appropriate wires and plug straight into my amp (and also splice a wire onto the ignition switched power line as well)? Or is it more complicated than that?

2. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the wiring harness that plugs into the subwoofer amp?

3. Any other wisdom that would simplify this is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks very much!
Wayne

·
Registered
146 Posts
You'll have to go into the mobile electronics forum. There is some great info about splicing into the original wiring in order to use an aftermarket amp. That is what I did.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.