BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03' 325i without the sport package. Just wondering can I change the steering wheel to a M3 steering wheel? The car has the 4 spoke one which has audio controls on it. I was told by someone that the M3 one wont fit as my car doesnt have sport pacakge etc..is that true? Even if I can get the M3 one installed..will the audio controls and the airbag work?

Thanks for helping!

Jeff

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,622 Posts
I have a 03' 325i without the sport package. Just wondering can I change the steering wheel to a M3 steering wheel? The car has the 4 spoke one which has audio controls on it. I was told by someone that the M3 one wont fit as my car doesnt have sport pacakge etc..is that true? Even if I can get the M3 one installed..will the audio controls and the airbag work?

Thanks for helping!

Jeff
Just get the M3 with multi button and round airbag and your set. Lots on the forum has done including myself :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the inputs guys..

FYI: going to buy a 85% new steering wheel with alcantara and airbag..is $300CDN ($256USD) a good price? need more inputs!

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
that sounds like a decent deal, I would have leather sooner but even the airbag that's a decent deal and you could resell the wheel if you really wanted the leather one, perforated ZHP is my preference there, though some prefer the M3 tristitched or black stitched...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i need to think twice after receiving the picture from the seller..

the alcantara looks kinda weared out for me..and i was told that he got it second hand 2 years ago..

need more inputs please!

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
440 Posts
the airbag retails for over 400, and the wheel for 300, as well as the trim for over 100, and the multifunction piece for over 100. i would buy this wheel, take out the airbag and the pieces and sell the wheel for aprox, 180 on ebay. then buy a NEW wheel for 240-250 and place the airbag in there with all the pieces, still comes out cheaper!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
=D I just got my M3 tri-color-stitch steering wheel :str8pimpi I just need the lower Y-trim now. I'm looking for one in silver. Anyone know where to get one for a good price? Local dealer quoted me $114 + tax picked up -__-...bimmerfreak.com has it for $110 + tax + shipping :censor: even worse lol...anyone know of any other ways?

·
Registered
440 Posts
=D I just got my M3 tri-color-stitch steering wheel :str8pimpi I just need the lower Y-trim now. I'm looking for one in silver. Anyone know where to get one for a good price? Local dealer quoted me $114 + tax picked up -__-...bimmerfreak.com has it for $110 + tax + shipping :censor: even worse lol...anyone know of any other ways?
go to the dealer, tell them your from (any local body shops name) and you need this part, they will give you 15-20% off and tax free :p . ive done this a couple of times. the only downside is that you HAVE to pay cash

·
No more E46 :(
2,671 Posts
go to the dealer, tell them your from (any local body shops name) and you need this part, they will give you 15-20% off and tax free :p . ive done this a couple of times. the only downside is that you HAVE to pay cash
:thumbdwn:

I am parts counter person and that kind of stunt would never work on me. Body shops almost always call in to order parts first, then gives out a Purchase Order so they can track down who purchased what part and for which customer. We usually give discounts to employees of body shops but they always get charged for sales tax. Lastly, you might get your parts person in trouble if he or she didn't charge you the state sales tax.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
:thumbdwn:

I am parts counter person and that kind of stunt would never work on me. Body shops almost always call in to order parts first, then gives out a Purchase Order so they can track down who purchased what part and for which customer. We usually give discounts to employees of body shops but they always get charged for sales tax. Lastly, you might get your parts person in trouble if he or she didn't charge you the state sales tax.
what's the best price you can get me (as a parts counter person) for the silver lower steering wheel trim :craig: with tax + shipping included to zip code 95014? :hi:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts