E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 328Ci (coupe) and my mom drives a 2001 or 2002 325Ci (vert). I was driving home the other day and saw her on the road. She had lights on and so when I got home I asked her why she was driving around with her lights on during the middle of the afternoon. She replied with "what I didn't have them on." Figuring there may have been a defect with her car we went out and tested it. She turned her car on and sure enough, her high beam light was emiting a small amount of light. Guessing her high beams were on I went in and checked her dash to find no "high beam" indicator. We then ran the same test on my car and it didn't light up at all.

Does my moms car have daytime running lights (auto)?

Does she have some kind of defect?

Why doens't my car have daytime running lights in the event that hers does.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is a dealer setable option

2000_328CI said:
I have a 2000 328Ci (coupe) and my mom drives a 2001 or 2002 325Ci (vert). I was driving home the other day and saw her on the road. She had lights on and so when I got home I asked her why she was driving around with her lights on during the middle of the afternoon. She replied with "what I didn't have them on." Figuring there may have been a defect with her car we went out and tested it. She turned her car on and sure enough, her high beam light was emiting a small amount of light. Guessing her high beams were on I went in and checked her dash to find no "high beam" indicator. We then ran the same test on my car and it didn't light up at all.

Does my moms car have daytime running lights (auto)?

Does she have some kind of defect?

Why doens't my car have daytime running lights in the event that hers does.

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do most people have the running lights on?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes(IMHO), and insulance is cheaper.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,372 Posts
Usually the dealer will activate these on delivery. But if you have a good salesman he will give you a sheet that has a set of options that can be set, such as having the doors lock at 5mph and your DRL's. She has her DRL's activated, if she doesn't want them she can go to the dealer and have them change the programming but htey might charge you 50 bucks...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
anyone know if you can manually deactive the DRL? as in DIY? because up here in Canada the dealerships aren't too fond of removing the DRL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts