E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody tell me what's wrong with my HID everytime it hit a bump or a small pothole in the street the right projector light goes off. is it the ballast that's causing it ? does it have to be tightly secured ? once i turn off the switch and turn it back on again it will work. please help

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have you reflashed your ECU to recognise the HID as Xenon, or have you pulled fuse 32, or have you installed a relay? I presume you double-checked all connections (ballast, transformer, relays etc.)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock323iSaloon said:
Have you reflashed your ECU to recognise the HID as Xenon, or have you pulled fuse 32, or have you installed a relay? I presume you double-checked all connections (ballast, transformer, relays etc.)?
sorry to ask, this but what is fuse 32 and what is it doing in relation to HID ?

·
Registered
377 Posts
There is a problem where the 'light out' warning lamp lights up in your dash as your ECU thinks the bulb has blown after installing HID. To get rid of this, you need to use a relay, pull fuse 32 out, or get your ECU reflashed by the dealer. I just wandered which method you used. I've read in this forum the problem of post-install 'flickering'.

some threads refer to the same problem you're having...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=169595&highlight=retrofit

maybe a ballast gone bad?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts