E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the tse2 and sold my current tse. my question is what can I do in the mean time? I have to send my tse1 out by monday, I have my stock exhaust, can they bolt that on until my new tse comes? any other suggestions?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you mean no exhaust installed? won't that hurt something?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fdp

bum

·
Registered
683 Posts
It will be a tad loud, but as long as the catalytic converter is connected, you're not violating emission laws or anything. I wouldn't drive by cops at WOT, but other than that, you're fine.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
yup, you can clamp the oem back on. there is an oem clamp that the dealership should have.

I tried running without a muffler when I was waiting for my new exhaust and it was just too [email protected] loud for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how many clamps do I need?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hk, gb

4,171 Posts
Never drive around with a major section of your exhaust missing! There's a little thing called "carbon monoxide poisoning" to worry about... sit at a stop light, get a little sleepy as the fumes drift up into the car...

As posted above, you should clamp your original exhaust back in place. If you cannot wait until the dealership can get you the BMW clamps, you might try a NAPA store for a 4" wide "EZ-Clamp" that will do the same thing.

- Rob

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks rob I appreciate it

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
btw how many clips do I need

1 - 14 of 14 Posts