BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much did you guys put as deposit when you bought your M3s? And is the deposit refundable when I cancel my order? Thanks.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,348 Posts
Deposits are not usually refundable. You can get them back sometimes when they screw up your order but no often.

·
Crazy Boy
1,378 Posts
you can sue and get your deposit back.

they say they are non refundable but if u bother them enough they will give it back.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
hi i will tell you my case

i order my 2003 m3 in the middle of may 2002 put down 1,000.00.
the order went in months from that date. i think sometime in sept. untill then you can get your money back with no trouble. because they did not make car yet i think for the last 2 months or 6 weeks you would have trouble my car was built on 10-10-02

i waited 6 months i got car 11-25-02 it was a little over 6 months

BUT IF YOU WERE I REPEAT BUYER FROM BMW YOU ONLY HAD TO
PUT YOUR ORDER IN ON BEGINING OF SEPT THEY JUMP THE WAITING LIST AND THEY GOT THE CAR 2 WEEKS A HEAD OF ME

i told dealer about this and he told me if i wanted to be on the top of the list to order my next car in jan. for the next yr car
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Law Enforcer
2,475 Posts
It depends also on your relationship w/ the dealer. Since this was my 2nd car purchased from Shelly BMW, they didn't make me put any deposit at all down when they ordered my M3.

·
T!TSLVR
1,263 Posts
$500 deposit so they could go ahead and order my car.... and they didn't even cash the check until 2 weeks before I got my car!

I asked about the refund and I was told that I would get my deposit back if I decided to cancel my order... but not until AFTER they sell the car to someone else.

Then again, I know someone at the dealership, so they can't screw me :thumbup:

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
The amount of the deposit just depends on the dealer, anywhere from $500-2500. The deposit should be FULLY refundable at any time if the car has not been built yet. I believe they do reserve the right to hold your deposit until they find another buyer. But with an M3, that shouldnt be a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts