E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you find that your paint fades a little after a few years, as in, it doesn't look as white as some of the newer AW cars? I bought a used 330ci and the color just doesn't look as white as some of the pictures I've seen here of other AW cars, especially the AW M3s. Even after I wash and zaino the car it still looks a little "creamy" white. The color's even more profound during the sun where it looks yellowish-white. Perhaps the AW on a E46 coupe is not as white on the M3? :dunno:

·
Registered
0 Posts
fadegs said:
Do you find that your paint fades a little after a few years, as in, it doesn't look as white as some of the newer AW cars? I bought a used 330ci and the color just doesn't look as white as some of the pictures I've seen here of other AW cars, especially the AW M3s. Even after I wash and zaino the car it still looks a little "creamy" white. The color's even more profound during the sun where it looks yellowish-white. Perhaps the AW on a E46 coupe is not as white on the M3? :dunno:
i've had an alpine white car for three years now... and i'm constantly getting parts painted to match it, and it's the same color as it was when it was new. alpine white has a lot of black in it... if you ever have your car in the snow, you'll notice it almost looks grey. alpine white will never look that bright, refrigorator white, though photos may come out that way. the color on the M3 is the same, as is the color on the new 3s... same paint code and everything.

·
Registered
0 Posts
02White330Ci said:
yeah my white is still the same white from when i first got it, i dont know about when it snows. my car has only been parked when its snowed and the snow and my car blended right in.
if i can find a pic of my car in the snow, i'll have to post it... it's pretty cool actually....

·
Registered
58 Posts
my 02 is still pretty white, not cramy or yellowish. However, it is not bright white. I have recently seen my car next to an Toyota Matrix, that car was significantly brighter white...

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,231 Posts
I believe the lack of whiteness you guys are mentioning is the result of the paint never being detailed. When oxidation builds up on paint, it's going to seem dull and less white. If do a complete detailing of the paint consisting of claying, polish, and waxing, I'm pretty sure it'll seem more white like a new car. Good Luck! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.