BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just received my GruppeM and just finished installing it.

but during the installation, I came across something.
I have retrofitted OEM M3 bumper to my 330Ci including the brake ducts and everything.

I know that Samir explained how GruppeM get most of the cold air from the foglight area in regular bumpers.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24845&highlight=gruppeM+explained

But I've noticed that with the M3 bumper and the brake ducts, the area seems to be compeletly sealed with most of the air directed towards the brakes. In this case, where would I get my cold air from? the area behind the headlight is just too small...

Behind the foglight, I know that the duct separates into two, one towards the brake and the other to the engine bay. But the one leading to the engine bay is very small, and I tried flashing flashlight to that duct to see where exactly in the engine bay it will lead to....But couldn't see it....

Maybe that's why for the real M3 GruppeM, most of the air is coming from the kidney grill?

Can someone help me out please?

·
Registered
470 Posts
That duct leads to the alternator, by the way it is not too small. I think you can run another tube like that to the gruppe m, but you'll have to drill it into the brake duct.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,818 Posts
hmm i don't know the specifics but i know that is why on the M3 GruppeM it gets air from the kidney grill... maybe work on the brake duct and completely change it... put in a different one on one side... i don't know... either way you aren't getting the maximum amount of air right now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm....what would happen if I were to remove the drive side brake duct completely?

what kind of effect will that have on my front right brake?

·
Banned
4,180 Posts
peterpan223 said:
hmm....what would happen if I were to remove the drive side brake duct completely?

what kind of effect will that have on my front right brake?
I doubt that anything would happen if you removed it.

·
name's PHIL
6,170 Posts
good question bro........cause i have the Reiger M bumper on my sedan along with the hamann brake ducts.......so would i benefit also from the gruppe-M or not:dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts